Thursday 7 July 2011

Recipeasy - Grilled Salmon with Avocado and Mango



A hot and balmy summers night it's difficult to resist the lure of something fresh and new. This usually for me means I start craving fish as for some reason I associate that with fresh and light flavours. Unfortunately I am not very good at cooking fish, a situation which I have decided to remedy.

To this end, I did a quick marinade of some Salmon Fillets in a splash of Pedro Ximanez sherry vinegar and pepper and put together a salad of rocket, avocado and tomato.

While this seemed like it would be a good combo, there felt like there was something missing, something to add a bit of colour.

To this end, I quickly sliced up some mango and put it on the grill after the salmon was done, to colour it. This gave a fun extra element to the dish, complementing the spicy and peppery rocket and providing some surprising contrasts to the mango.

For a 10 minute dinner, definitely one to remember and the combo of grilled fruit and fish bears further thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment